Saturday, February 10, 2007

Power work-out and Diesel

These two themes have some similarities. They somehow invoke some sort of horsepower or torque.

I have been using my rowing machine Concept 2 http://www.concept2.com/us/default.asp since July 2002. It is a low impact work-out and provides excellent cardio-vascular benefits and lipid profile. I am not endorsing this machine. Other similar products will produce similar results as long as the users are consistent. I row for 10000 meters at a rate of 2:21 min/500m at 26 strokes per minute. It looks impressive, but my numbers are 25 percentile worldwide at my age range. I am no pro but I look at the health benefits of it. How does it relates to New Jersey? I think working-out is good medicine for road rage. NJ is a dense state. It seems like everyone's on top of each other. By releasing endogenous endorphines, I feel relax and calm. Ergo, I tend to be more tolerant to other's driving habits and be less aggressive driver.

A clean diesel? It sounds oxymoron. But it is happening. Gas stations in NJ sell low sulfur diesel. I belong to an e-group that discuss biodiesel among amateur diesel enthusiast like me and professional chemists. And how about a Mercedes-Benz E320 Bluetec sedan http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/specials/scr/en/index_nocom_en.htm? Diesel is featured in the March issue of Scientific American http://www.sciam.com/. The low sulfur diesel will have a beneficial impact on health and air qualities in New Jersey.

No comments: