Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bad Saturday Quiet Sunday

I had been fighting this flu-like symptoms since Wednesday until I hit rock buttom yesterday. I listened to my body. Thankfully it was weekend. Gave my body plenty of rest and drunk lots of fluids including black tea without any sweetener. Totally no appetite too.

I felt much better this morning and took the rest of the day easy. I read the Sunday paper and the recent Time issue.

Well, there will be no 'Christmas tree gifts' this year's NJ budget. It is common practice among Senators and Assembly members to add more in last minute spending to the state budget to finance their own district's pet projects, the pork. Most of this projects were poorly documented and without transparency nor accountability. It is about time to make this practice transparent and open to the taxpayer. I believe that some but not all projects are worthwhile.

The recent issue of Time made me more educated about the (civil) war in Iraq. The conflict between the Sunni and the Shia dates back 1,300 years ago long before the United States became a nation. In my opinion, when the Bush administration declared war on Iraq, his administration crystallized this conflict which now threatens the stability of the region. Again, in my opinion, the real issue may not be the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians but the sectarian conflict in the Muslim world itself.

Our presence in Iraq will, most likely, not solve this conflict.

I felt better by the end of the day, grilled London broil for dinner.

No comments: