Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ravens in New Jersey

I have been fascinated with the common black bird (Corvus corax). They are common sight in this part of New Jersey that they seem to be just another bird.

They are black ugly bird but became famous in the Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Raven".

The bird is well known for its intelligence in any articles and publications, including the recent April issue of Scientific American. I wish I could linked it but I have to subscribe with a fee. It is not worth doing it. Suffice it to say that this article has credibility on their experiment and observation.

The Englishmen respect this bird because of the above characteristic and behavior.

These birds make sounds just like the movie every time I take a walk in my backyard. They seem to communicate. Maybe not. Maybe instinct. But it sounds intelligible as years goes by. I feel like I connect to the ravens.

No comments: