Sunday, March 11, 2007

Daylight Saving Time and Computer

DST or daylight saving time was not an issue in our desktop PC. It did what it was supposed to do. But my lap was a little bit different. When I turned on this morning, it did not show the proper time, DST that is. I thought my internet provider and/or Microsoft did not do their job. But before calling them and make a "scene", tried some trouble shooting of my own. I right-clicked on the time in my laptop screen and a window appeared. I clicked on the 'setting' tab. Lo and behold, the daylight saving time option was unchecked. I clicked on the box, then clicked apply. Closed the window and walla! time was corrected. In other words, my laptop was reset already. All I have to do was manually check the DST button.

Some techie advise I share, but I am no pro.

No comments: