Saturday, March 24, 2007

Peeper frog in New Jersey

Last night and tonight I heard a few sounds of the frog Northern Peepers (Pseudaris crucifer crucifer). It heralds the coming of spring. I am waiting for the mallard ducks to visit my pond.

Tree's buds are swollen and about to open up. The tulip tree in my front yard stands about 70 feet is about to bloom its spring flower.

Deer's droppings were so visible when I took a walk in my backyard. Snow had melted.

It was cold at sunset. Temperature dropped to 46 F.

Peepers' sound became more audible as it got darker.

Frogs are excellent indicator of a viable environment. If you hear them in spring, your neighborhood's ecology is healthy. If you do not hear them in spring, your property and your neighborhood is worth a s---.

Spring has sprung.

2 comments:

Sharon Kossman said...

You have a very cool blog; I enjoyed reading it!

ulyintewksbury said...

Thank you. Enjoy your spring and summer. And all the seasons.