Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pig Roast in New Jersey


We had a Nor'Easter yesterday. All is well now. Roads were plowed clean of snow, a very thanks for the guys who did the job when most of us were resting and sleeping. Thank you, again.

The winter spell did not last long today because the snow did not stick into the ground. I can sense spring.

Then, I thougth of my favorite local farmer who has been fattening-up the pig for my 2007 NJ Pig Roast Party, a celebration of community with family friends in the area and my Angadanan (Philippines) townfolks in Jersey. It seems like pig roast party is a common event that people share without boundaries to ethnicity or social backgrounds. I am not unique in my town. A few families, who has been in this beautiful town for many years and generations, have been celebrating this summer event way long before me.

By the way, Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Corned beef and cabbage is the the menu for dinner.

No comments: