Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What a Benny Means in New Jersey

I hope my family is not considered a benny.

We live in northern New Jersey, Hunterdon county to be specific. My son was two when we move to Jersey and my daughter was born in Glen Ridge. My children are basically raised in New Jersey. Now, my son is going to Rugters, too.

We have gone down the shore for several summers since we move to this state with a pleasant visit to the Jersey shore line. Sandy Hook is as far we can commute to due time and distance. It seems like more visitors check out the beaches making commuting time longer. But we always manage to stop-by at Dairy Queen on route 36 for ice cream as a family tradition.

A visit to the shore consists of two umbrellas, 4 beach chairs, small cooler for our lunch, the weekend Star Ledger newspaper and books my children read and lots of sun block lotion. My family does not wear fancy swim clothes or accessories. We bring home our trash or dump it whenever a trash bin is available.

We live in northern New Jersey but we are not benny.

No comments: