Sunday, May 27, 2007

Our Weekend Holiday

We went to our family friend in Hillsborough for the weekend holidays. It was less crowd but more personal and have the same amount of fun.

My family has always a good time when we meet our family friend s on any occasion. It is just the way it is.

That was yesterday.

Today, we have our time on our own. I got the pool going, chemicals and heat in order. It was ready by 10 AM.

My family dipped in after that.

I dipped in later in the day after tending to my trees and backyard getting rid off the invasive vines and bushes.

My great discover for the day was to identify a tree that has been growing in my property for eight summers now. The clue was this specific tree bear a fruit or flower called samara. The leaves, twigs and flowers were classic description.

Seedlings were all over my property.

The tree is called Boxelder maple (Acer negundo). A tree truly indigenous to New Jersey.

I grilled sirloin steak with cucumber and onions, a great dinner.

Tomorrow, a few friends will stop by for a swim, drinks and appetizers.

No comments: