Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Mother's Day at Home

My wife spent most of the week in Georgia (USA) for the graduation and commissioning to Air Force of her nephew as well as wedding shower for his bride. The event was a blast for both sides of the family despite some minor untoward incidences along the way. Not unusual for a huge gathering. It is the norm.

I picked her at the Newark Liberty International Airport without any difficulties. I read and heard many horror stories about delays and chaos at the airport, but today it did not happen. Maybe, I was lucky.

On our way home, we talked more of the above. Travel on I 78 west was a zip.

Back home, she went immediately to her garden, which she missed terribly.

While tending her garden, I and my kids prepared her some appetizers for the rest of the afternoon with her favorite wine, shiraz.
'
Cooked her dinner...

Gave her our thoughtfulness after dinner and a bouquet of white roses...

It was a Mother's Day.

No comments: