Tuesday, May 15, 2007

To Cook an Unfamiliar Fish

My daughter had an out of town lacrosse game in Basking Ridge, NJ with mom showing up at the game at 6 PM.

So, I had to figure out what's for dinner.

Fish was an excellent choice, quick and "easy". I bought a 2 lb. (a little less than a kilogram) of Japanese flounder fillet from local grocery store.

The 'Japanese' part of the description made me insecure. I needed help at that moment but I was alone.

We have a book called 'The Joy of Cooking' in my wife's pantry, a classic kitchen reference and a great resource. There was a recipe for flounder saute'.

It was too late.

The fish was in the oven baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, dabbed with six slices of butter and gourmet spices.

It turned out tasty.

The lesson was take risk and be adventurous.

No comments: