Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Some Thoughts of my Home Country, Philippines

I am not a thinker, but feel like expressing some thoughts about my homeland, The Philippines. The country is not in bad shape, over all.

My country folks has to focus on what is doable in their family and neighborhood. It takes a village, said by a prominent public person. These small steps give a profound effect to a country or society.

Government, in turn, should enforce the law and protect its citizens, honestly and sincerely. The people (I mean ALL Filipinos) must follow the rule of law.

The society must reward economically and fairly the labor of its citizens.

It is not the high sounding words of love of country, idealism, patriotism, etc. All Filipinos, in the Philippines and overseas, have these attributes already....and hard-working, too!

It is a social contract between the government and it constituents. One can not survive, exists or compete with other society without the other.

A major general election is coming up in (?) May... a major distraction. Politics is almost like a high grade heroin, a cure all to pain and suffering.

I am not cerebral... a doer... using my hands and feet.

I am very fortunate that I live in a country that treats me and my family in a just way.

No comments: