Sunday, April 1, 2007

Keeping Earth green in our own small ways

The issue of global warming has been in forefront lately. Time magazine has most of its articles related to global warming. My family has finished watching the second series of 'Planet Earth' on Discovery Channel that portrays how we and the rest are so closely interdependent ecologically.

My family has started doing its share to our keep our Earth a little bit greener. My wife bought a set of CFL (compact fluorescent light) bulbs to replace existing light bulbs as they burn out. I have been wearing lighter and looser clothes to work and at home. I keep trees as much as I can in my property, nurture and protect the tree saplings that grows in my backyard. I would run my diesel pick-up on vegetable oil.

LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) are seen on traffic lights, tail and break lights, building signs and garage lights.

One more and a wild thought. If we could correct obesity, there would be less CO2 in the air. We eat less. The body becomes more efficient, less heat and carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

I thought of wind turbine but my town does not get enough wind to generate energy.

No comments: