Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My New Jersey Version of BBQ Vegan Grill

I had the responsibility to cook tonight.

We have many vegetables in the fridges.

I thought of cooking something grilled vegan, but tastes somehow weekend BBQ or tailgate event.

So, Google it and ended up with a French-Asian fusion recipe with a great deal of my modification and my sense of adventure on culinary universe. It reminds me of Vietnam or Cambodia.

It consists of grilling on high heat the veggies (in my case zucchini, eggplant and peppers), dubbed with Montreal Steak (Bistecs Montreal by French words and made by McCormick) and ground fresh chili paste. The chili paste can be procured from any Asian food store.

Cook the veggies for about 10 minutes on high heat.

It could satisfy someones craving for a grill taste but can be truly vegan!

It could be side dish for good steak or fillet fish...

Or hot dog or burger on a bun!... which we had!

No comments: