Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Favorite Billboard Icon in Times Square

I had a CME dinner conference Ruth's Chris Steak House on W 51st St in NYC. The conference was informative and clinically relevant to practice. Food was excellent. A choice of entree, consisted of fillet Mignon, lamb chop or grilled salmon. I chose lamb chop, rare and an Argentinian red wine to wash it down. For dessert, chocolate sinner cake was served.

After the conference, I decided to walk to 42nd St (Times Square) to catch the downtown R train to 34th St instead of at 50th St. There was a cool breeze despite a recorded temperature of 84 degrees Fahrenheit. I looked up and the LCD graphic display on the building seemed gets fancier every time I visit the City. But I noticed something was missing on these billboards. My old fashioned "Ramen Noodle" icon was gone, replaced by a glitzy Budweiser LCD billboard.

The streets were teeming with humanity on a weekday at 10 o'clock at night.

The City has truly changed.

No comments: