Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Light Rail Train in Newark

I had a dinner conference in the City. As usual, the streets were clogged with humanity, mostly by out of town visitors like me and tourists on a weekdays.

It seems getting worse every time I visit Manhattan. But I don't mine. It is good for the economy of the region. Let them spend their dollars.

The above does not impress me at the moment. It is a natural consequence of a city that able to revitalize its community.

What impress me today was my commute between Newark Penn Station and Belleville. I decided to use the train to go to the City and back. I felt like being green.

The light rail between Bellville and Newark Penn Station was something I was proud of. There were no litter nor graffiti in the cars as well each subway station. Every station were well lit. There were no homeless people lingering around. The light rail cars were new, well equipped and modern.

It seems like its residents are taking ownership of their mode of transportation.

Newark is changing...for the better.

No comments: